[Devel] Questions about freetype...

From: robal
Subject: [Devel] Questions about freetype...
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 12:59:08 +0200

First - great font library ! i hope so, that it will be developed that way
more and more...
I have a few questions about it...
I'm going to use freetype in an comercial product - what about licenses and
copyrights? It is based on opensource, but nowhere i can't find anything
about rights - so my question is simple - can i use freetpye library with my
comercial product? If yes, what i have to sign or attach to my product?
Rendering problems - i'm loading fonts bits from Glyph data and i'm
rendering it into bitmap.., some of them are good, some not... examples in
attached pictures - what could i done wrong??? (wrong letter is 'B' and
right one is 'C').
Second problem is how to achieve outline effect (only edges of letter should
be visible). I'm trying do it with Outline functions, but it renders whole
letter....
I'll be thakfull for any help...

Space- the Final Frontier
Gene Rodenbery - Star Trek