[Devel] Memory/initialization prolems in FT2-CVS?

From: Jacob (=Jouk) Jansen
Subject: [Devel] Memory/initialization prolems in FT2-CVS?
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 11:31:38 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

I'm strugling for a while (actually the last CVS version of freetype2 that
worked for me was dated May 29) with a strange problem.
 I'm using the CVS versions of freetype2 on a OpenVMS7.3 system. With recent
recent CVS versions of freetype2 my application gets weird crashes. I can
manipulate the location in the program where it crashes by changing memory
related things (order and size of allocated memory). The problem occurs
only if I copy bitmap.buffer data to a privatly allocated arry (using memmove
or memcpy). This indicates on memory leakage and/or uninitialized variables.
Since my application is wriiten in Fortran and the compiler checks at compile
and run-time on these items, my suspicion points to the current CVS version
of freetype2.
 Has anyone an idea?

                    Jouk

Bush : All votes are equal but some votes are more equal than others.

  Jouk Jansen

  address@hidden

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM          tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Rotterdamseweg 137                       tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 AL Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd