Re: [Devel] stable branch still necessary?

From: Vadim Plessky
Subject: Re: [Devel] stable branch still necessary?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:14:10 +0400

Hello David!

On Wednesday 15 May 2002 01:19, David Turner wrote:
|  Werner LEMBERG wrote:
|  >
|  > what about the stable branch?  Shall we maintain the 2.0.x series
|  > further?
|
|  I think we need to make a new release _very_ soon right now. One
|  that includes the new Type 42 and BDF drivers as well as the required
|  fixes for 2.1.0
|
|  After that, I have tons of things to commit to the CVS tree, but these
|  will break thingsa lot, since that's the price to pay to be able to use
|  structured exceptions within the engine.

Do those things include some fixes for PS-renderer and PS-auto-hinter?
(AFAIK Stem3 hint was in TODO list, etc.)

I have great progress with hinting of several Type1 fonts. And even with FT
2.0.9, some of them display great (much btter than MS Times New Roman or
other web fonts, for example)
I need some direction/guidelines for further development :-)

--

Vadim Plessky
http://kde2.newmail.ru  (English)