[Devel] FTGL fonts for an OPENGL application

From: Scarcella Salvatore
Subject: [Devel] FTGL fonts for an OPENGL application
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 15:04:26 +0200

 Dear Sir
 I'm building an OPENGL application where to use rotatable text font.
 (The bitmap font are not!) then maybe the best way is to use FTGL
 fonts.
 I use a unix dec-alpha workstation.

 I want to install locally the library and have done the following:

 1)
  mkdir FTGL
  cd FTGL
  (here I put
   freetype-2.1.0.tar.gz
   ft2demos-2.1.0.tar.gz
   ftdocs-2.1.0.tar.gz )

  I made:
  gunzip ....

 2)
 tar -xvf freetype-2.1.0.tar
  ./configure --prefix=/thermal/sscarcel/FTGL/freetype-2.1.0
  cd /thermal/sscarcel/FTGL/freetype-2.1.0

  after copied gnu-make and named it make in this directory:

  make
  make install

  No error or warning was output.
 3)
 tar -xvf  ftdocs-2.1.0.tar.gz

 tar -xvf ft2demos-2.1.0
  cd /thermal/sscarcel/FTGL/ft2demos-2.1.0

  after copied gnumake to make in this directory:

  make

  No error or warning was output.

  cd /thermal/sscarcel/FTGL/ft2demos-2.1.0/bin
  If I run any of the ft.. file
  e.g.
  fttimer arial.ttf

  gives the output:
 Error while opening font resource
  Really I don't understand where are the "*.ttf" or "*.ttc" font files
  that seems aren't in any library or directory.

  Please help me.