[Devel] 2.1.0 : win32 compile pb

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: [Devel] 2.1.0 : win32 compile pb
Date: 18 Apr 2002 03:35:43 +0200

I know we were asked to check compilations a few days ago, but the bug
was actually reported today by a friend :). Seems that the
builds/win32/ftdebug.c is not in sync with 2.1.0 changes. Mostly :

- lacks a ft_debug_init() function (-> link error in projects using
FreeType)

- FT_SetTraceLevel() implementation still present but deprecated in
2.1.0's interface

I'm seeing the exact same pb in builds/amiga/src/base/ftdebug.c. What
should be done ?

1) update those platform-specific ftdebug.c files ?

2) or remove them, and merge the platform specific code into
src/base/ftdebug.c : the difference is something like 2 lines (vprintf /
vsprintf+OutputDebugStringA / KVPrintF). Well, at least the
getenv('FT2_DEBUG') compiles and is usable under Win32, don't know for
the Amiga. I also don't know if FreeType policy likes #idef _myplatform
in base code.

3) or ?