[Devel] non-GNU make patch

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: [Devel] non-GNU make patch
Date: 11 Apr 2002 19:25:09 +0200

It's not about making it work with BSD make :). Since the small
'configure' stub appeared, there is a little pb : 'make' command name is
hardcoded in it, making it no fun to run under FreeBSD. And people
instinctively run './configure' without reading the docs, we know that.
I slightly modified 'configure' and 'builds/detect.mk', so it gives the
following scenario :

$ ./configure
Sorry, GNU make is required to build FreeType2.
Please try `GNUMAKE=<GNU make command name> ./configure'.
$ GNUMAKE=gmake ./configure
[...]
Otherwise, simply type `gmake' again to build the library.

Seems a little nicer and RTFM-proof, isn't it ?
Patch is against current CVS ('pre-2.1.0' ?).