RE: [Devel] Freetype on EPOC Devices

From: Chan Choong Cheng-F11968
Subject: RE: [Devel] Freetype on EPOC Devices
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:31:07 +0800

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt response.
I'm pretty new to the EPOC scene, so there are many stuffs which I've yet to
grasp.

Hence, I have more clarifications to make.

(1) Currently, I have nothing to work on. (Meaning I have to create a
rasterizer from scratch).
Do you recommend that I write a rasterizer by deriving from
COpenFontRasterizer, or work on your EPOC Open Font System(freetype.dll) to
create a polymorphic dll?

My technical lead is pretty sure that your work on EPOC Open Font System will
be helpful my implementation of a font rasterizer for "compressed bitmap fonts".

(2) How does your freetype.dll work?
When I remove all .gdr files from \system\fonts ,and leave the .ttf files
there, I couldn't display fonts on my emulator.
Does that mean freetype.dll is not loaded by the emulator at all?

(3) Can you guide me on how my rasterizer will fit into the system.
Eg. when will it get loaded up, or when will the system call for this dll?

Once again, thanks for your help.
Hope I'm not taking up too much of your time.

Best regards,
Dixon Chan