[Devel] screen corruption with > 2.0.4?

From: Jim Basilio
Subject: [Devel] screen corruption with > 2.0.4?
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 18:01:05 -0500

Hi,

I am using a mandrake system with a 3dfx voodoo3 video card and the following
problem occurs using Xfree 4.1.x and Xfree 4.2.

When running 2 xsessions (editing Xservers line to start up kdm session on :0
and :1), I run into screen corruption problems which seemed to get worse as I
used newer versions of freetype.  I had used .rpm's generated by texstar
(www.pclinuxonline.com) and I was all the way up to 2.0.8 when the corruption
was so bad it was unusable.  I have since downgraded to 2.0.4 (included with
mandrake 8.1) and the corruption is seemingly gone.

The problem appears ONLY when both users are logged in, and it only occurs on
:0 when the user on :1 logs in.

My guess is this is some sort of static/shared memory corruption only
triggered when multiple X sessions are running, my question is does anyone
else use this configuration and NOT get screen corruption?

Let me know what I can do to help you narrow this down.  Just to complete my
setup, I'm using kde 2.2.2, qt 2.3.1.  The corruption happens on the entire
desktop and takes it form by fonts drawing over eachother, windows not
repainting....

Thanks.

Jim Basilio