Re: [Devel] compiling freetype on 16-bit embedded

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] compiling freetype on 16-bit embedded
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 06:34:35 +0100 (CET)

> trying to compile for 16-bit embedded system, found similar problems
> to the C++ issues, except my enums are 16-bits.  This is ok as long
> as the lo-order 16-bits of all enums are unique.

You have to redefine the FT_ENC_TAG macro.  Please report any case
where this isn't sufficient.

> The warnings I still receive from the compiler:
>
> ftbase.c
> ftobjs.c(2271) : warning C4078: case constant '1651078259' too big
> for the type of the switch expression

Redefining FT_ENC_TAG should make this warning vanish also.

> ftobjs.c(115) : warning C4761: integral size mismatch in argument;
> conversion supplied

I have replaced the incorrect call to memset with a call to MEM_Set;
it may take a while until the long->int issues are resolved; in
practice, this shouldn't affect you except for fonts with, say, more
than 30000 glyphs, even on a 16bit architecture.