FreeType 2.0.7 tagged (was Re: [Devel] Enumerating font encoding)

From: David Turner
Subject: FreeType 2.0.7 tagged (was Re: [Devel] Enumerating font encoding)
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 18:49:40 +0100

Hello,

Antoine Leca a écrit :

> Keith Packard wrote on Wed, 30 Jan 2002 15:32:05 -0800 (in fact probably
> >
> > Around 22 o'clock on Jan 30, Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, please do so.  I think the head of the CVS is OK for release.
> >
> > I'll see if I can't get a suitable API for enumerating the encoding ready
> > tomorrow -- my current plan is significantly simpler -- a function that
> > returns the next encoded value after a given value (or 0 if none exists).
>
> I think this is a yet better reason to release 2.0.7 as it is now.
> Then we can incorporate Keith's proposal, and then another 2.0.8
> release once it becomes stable (probably sometimes next week).
> I do not believe we have any limit in the numbering system, have we?
>
> Opinions?

I have modified the documentation of the current head to reflect a new
release, and tagged all sources in HEAD with "VER-2-0-7" (I'm still using
the "old" scheme for now)..

I'll make the release tomorrow morning. Hopefully, Werner will have a look
at the new text in docs/CHANGES and reformat it as usual tonight :o)

Releasing 2.0.7 now is a good idea. I understand that Keith's code is going
to be handy, but I'm not that enthusiastic about including a new API before
having taken the time to experiment with it..

To answer Antoine's question, there is no limit in our numbering scheme.
The recent 2.1.0 branch was created specifically to be able to experiment
heavily with the sources while releasing bug fixes often for the stable
sources of FreeType.. so the more bug-fix releases, the better :-)

Tomorrow, I'll talk about my plans for FreeType 2.1 and 3.x

Cheers,

- David