Re: [Devel] Freetype 2.0.6 on OpenVMS

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Freetype 2.0.6 on OpenVMS
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 09:28:00 +0100 (CET)

> During the compilation of ftcache the following messages were
> produced:

Fixed, thanks.

> Else I would only like to suggest the following improvements to
> the VMS specific makefiles (descrip.mms) to
> a.) Allow the correct compilation of the demos (see below), which
>     needed the routines from ftmm
> b.) Catch all the dependencies of ftcache (like ftccache ;-)

Applied also.  You could probably add dependencies for the other
directories also. :-)

> On a positive note I was able to build successfully all of the demo
> programs for Freetype on the same system with really minor
> modifications, which also are definite #ifdef VMS cases, i.e. no
> impact on other platforms at all.  The only other "change" to get
> this to work is the addtion of one descrip.mms file to the toplevel
> directory of the demos source-tree which can be found below [...]

Thanks a lot!  I've slightly modified the new descrip.mms (removing
the unnecessary `SRC' variable, removing tabs), please test.

BTW, patches are easier to read if you use the `-u' option of GNU diff
(in case you use GNU diff).  Finally, please don't submit reverse
patches; the original file should always be first, followed by the
changed version.