[Devel] Re: FT & PDF (was Re: 2.1.0 branch created)

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: [Devel] Re: FT & PDF (was Re: 2.1.0 branch created)
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:28:10 -0800

At 01:03 PM 1/10/2002 +0800, =?gb2312?B?V2FuZ1lpKM310uMp?= wrote:
2. About text rendering mode in PDF
In PDF, text can be rendered as several modes, like fill text, stroke
text, fill and stroke text, fill text and add it to the clipping path,
stroke text and add it to the clipping path, etc. I hope that FreeType
can support these rendering mode.

FreeType fully supports all of these modes, when used correctly in conjunction with a full imaging library. I have written a number of PDF rasterizers with FT2 doing the text rendering - and all of the above of supported. I have also worked with FT2 in ImageMagick, which also supports them all - especially in our SVG support.

On a related note, I have submitted patches to Xpdf to support all of the above modes in conjunction with its FT2 support.

Leonard