Re: [Devel] FreeType 1.x updates

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Devel] FreeType 1.x updates
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 23:17:51 +0100

From: David Turner <address@hidden>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 1:09 PM

>   Antoine, do you think you'll have the time to make a 1.5 release in the
>   coming weeks.. ? No priority at all, just to know..

Definitively yes.

I am currently doing intensive testing using various compilers.
I have still one interesting change (the FT_EXPORT(xxx) stuff, which will
permit in 16-bit mode to create compact model DLLs) to commit.
And I need to fine check that all the bugs reported against the TrueType
driver in Freetype 2 these last 3 years, do not occur with Freetype 1.x
(I welcome any people which suspect such a problem to check ASAP
with the current snapshot).

My current planning is to release a 1.4.9 version one week or the other,
then make the needed corrections (and Werner will certainly edit the docs),
and then release a 1.5.0 version, sometime around February?
As I said before, after that I believe we should only correct the bug
reports,
creating at each time a new 1.5.x release. This means documentation will
stay incomplete, by the way.

Comments about this?

Antoine