Re: [Devel] [SF BUG #472626 ] configuration problem in 2.0.4

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] [SF BUG #472626 ] configuration problem in 2.0.4
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 01:39:16 +0200

Hello George,

George Williams a écrit :

>               The file include/freetype/config/ftoption.h has a
>               comment starting on line 37 saying that any
>               modifications to the file should be placed in the build
>               directory.
>
>               When compiling with make (ie. not jam) on my linux
>               system the file builds/unix/ftoptions.h was not read. I
>               had to make the changes in
>               include/freetype/config/ftoption.h.

Actually, the comment was a bit misleading, I just replaced it with the
following in the CVS tree:

  /*************************************************************************/
  /*                                                                       */
  /*                 USER-SELECTABLE CONFIGURATION MACROS                  */
  /*                                                                       */
  /* this file contains the default configuration macro definitions for    */
  /* a standard build of the FreeType library. There are three ways to     */
  /* use this file to build project-specific versions of the library:      */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*  - you can modify this file by hand, but this is not recommended      */
  /*    in cases where you'd like to build several versions of the         */
  /*    library from a single source directory                             */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*  - you can put a copy of this file in your build directory, more      */
  /*    precisely in "$BUILD/freetype/config/ftoption.h", where "$BUILD"   */
  /*    is the name of a directory that is included _before_ the           */
  /*    FreeType include path during compilation.                          */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*    the default FreeType Makefiles and Jamfiles use the build          */
  /*    directory "builds/<system>" by default, but you can easily change  */
  /*    that for your own projects                                         */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*  - copy the file <ft2build.h> to "$BUILD/ft2build.h" and modify       */
  /*    it slightly to pre-define the macro FT_CONFIG_OPTIONS_H used       */
  /*    to locate this file during the build. For example:                 */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*        #define  FT_CONFIG_OPTIONS_H  <myftoptions.h>                  */
  /*        #include <freetype/config/ftheader.h>                          */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*    will use "$BUILD/myftoptions.h" instead of this file for macro     */
  /*    definitions.                                                       */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*                                                                       */
  /*    note also that you can similarly pre-define the macro              */
  /*    FT_CONFIG_MODULES_H used to locate the file listing the modules    */
  /*    that are statically linked to the library at compile time.         */
  /*    by default, this file is <freetype/config/ftmodule.h>              */
  /*  we highly recommend using the third method whenever possible         */

Thanks,

- David