[Devel] Memory leak in FT2 (before new pshinter commit)

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Memory leak in FT2 (before new pshinter commit)
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 15:10:21 -0400 (EDT)

It has been reported on this list that there is memory leak in FT2, using the
code prior to the pshinter module commit.

As I don't have purify (what a great product, based on the demo I had), I tried
using Electric Fence.  That did no good.  ftmemchk reports that there leaks.

I suspect that the leak stems from something in the pasux module (specifically,
psobjs.c), but I haven't been able to track this down.

Any one have any ideas?  In the meantime, I am going to ping my bosses about
getting a license for purify.  If anyone wants to step up and buy the FreeType
team a copy of purify (I would prefer a copy for Solaris), please let me know.
It would be appreciated.  Or, perhaps someone with a license for purify can
check the code and report back where the leak is happening, and I will commit
the necessary changes.

Regards,

Tom