[Devel] Does dropout control guarantee continuity in the output?

From: Graham Asher
Subject: [Devel] Does dropout control guarantee continuity in the output?
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 20:22:23 +0100

David,

I believed - probably wrongly - that dropout control in the  monochrome
rasterizer in ftraster.c guaranteed that however narrow a contour became it
would never have discontinuities. In other words, any output from a single
contour would consist of a single group of touching pixels - even if
touching only at the corners.

But I have tried rasterizing some very narrow curved outlines and there
*are* gaps. Does this indicate that there are errors in my code, which is a
conversion into C++ of the code in ftraster.c? Or are there curves that
produce dropouts, whatever the dropout control does?

Best regards,

Graham