Re: [Devel] LongJmp/SetJmp

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] LongJmp/SetJmp
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 10:28:14 +0200

Hello Wolfgang,

Wolfgang Domröse a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> FreeType becomes more and more complicated for me. I compile and link a
> C-library that works without STDLIB; in order to use FREETYPE with Pascal.
> Therefor I must have a source for each and every procedure that freetype2
> uses.
>
> Until now it's no problem - besides tracing which I can not use.
>
> From now on, FreeType2 uses SetJmp and LongJmp. Is there no chance do do it
> without? I have no idea, how I could manage this problem.

Actually, the setjmp/longjmp thing was introduced only recently to simplify
the smooth rasterizer, and these instructions are ANSI.

There are basically two ways to do without them:

  a - get rid of them (use the old check-everything method)

  b - provide your own versions of setjmp/longjmp (these are generally
      compiler & platform-specific).

I'm rather reluctant to method a), could you see if you could find some
ST-specific implementation of setjmp/longjmp that you could provide in
your Pascal program. (since the instructions are only used _within_
FreeType, you wouldn't need to connect them to the Pascal ABI)..

Cheers,

- David

- David