Re: [Devel] windows font loading continued

From: David Hedbor
Subject: Re: [Devel] windows font loading continued
Date: 06 Sep 2001 18:47:55 -0700

Ed Keith <address@hidden> writes:

> I deleted your original post, but I think you said you were using MS
> Visual C/C++ (skip this message if you're not).  Under Visual C/C++
> make sure your "Project | Settings... | C/C++ | Category:Code
> Generation | Struct Member Alignment" is set to "1 byte".  If
> structure alignments not set properly weird things like you describe
> happen.

Actually, I am about to feel really stupid now. ;-) It seems the REAL
cause for the problem had nothing to do with freetype or the change to
load from memory. The real error seems to be that the font itself was
checked out from CVS as a non-binary file (and thus was incorrect in
windows, but correct in Unix). After copying the font over, it
works. You have no idea how frustrating this has been and what a DUH!
experience it is finding out the real problem.

--
[ Below is a random fortune, which is unrelated to the above message. ]
God doesn't play dice.