[Devel] Need faster access

From: Mike Owens
Subject: [Devel] Need faster access
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:16:21 -0400

Hi all,
I'm currently testing with freetype 2.0.4 using a truetype font.  When I bring
up the system I immediately cache the lower half of the character set (US)
using the cache manager. Although retrieving characters is quite fast, my
system is rather slow and I was wondering if using a .fon file would be faster
since it is just a bitmap font. Is there an example of using a .fon file
somewhere?
Best regards
Mike Owens