Re: [Devel] Translation Project and FreeType

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: [Devel] Translation Project and FreeType
Date: 23 Jul 2001 13:37:58 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> Not `officially'.  The best source of FreeType 1 is the
> freetype-current.tar.gz package.  For the moment it's unlikely that
> more translatable strings will be added.  Basically, FT1 is no longer
> developed further (except bug fixes).

Okay, but for our purposes (Translation Project) we need a version
numbered archive file.  For the moment I'll go for

    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freetype/freetype-1.3.1.tar.gz

Maybe, you can produce ("a" added)

    http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freetype/freetype-1.3.1a.tar.gz

some time soon with all string changes merged in.  There's no need to
hurry.

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> writes:

> > Okay, thanks for jumping info.  To initialize a new textdomain please
> > answer these additional questions:
> >
> >         - Does 'freetype' require disclaimers?
>
> No.

Okay.

> >         - May I add your address as the maintainer?  The maintainer
> >           will receive notifications when new translations arrived at
> >           the robot site.
>
> It's probably best to use the address@hidden as the maintainer
> address.

Okay.

> >         - Shall we sent new translations automatically to you?  (Flag
> >           "<autosent>").
>
> Yes, please to address@hidden, compressed -- I or others can then
> integrate them into FreeType.

Okay, the robot sends MIME mails (I didn't check whether it will so
compression by default.  Martin, will you please help?)

At the moment the freetype entry looks this way:

  <domain>freetype
   <mailto>address@hidden
   <keep>1.3.1
   <autosend>
   <url>http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/freetype/freetype-1.3.1.tar.gz

Please, encourage your existing translators to join "their" translation
team via

    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/contrib/po/HTML/translators.html

for smooth operation.

All the best,
Karl

--
Linux Frechet 2.4.4-4GB #1 Fri May 18 14:11:12 GMT 2001 i686 unknown
  1:26pm  up 11 days, 21:26,  9 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.04, 0.03