Re: [Devel] Outlines...

From: Laurent Lequenne
Subject: Re: [Devel] Outlines...
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 01:35:01 +0200

Hello There !

I had a look to the Outlines and specially to the FT_Outline structure. The
documentation is a bit weird for me :-) I know to have a Bezier curve we
needs a start point an eventual first control point,
an eventual second control point and an ending point.

The following text is  snipped from the FT_Outline comment.

  /*    tags       :: A pointer to an array of `n_points' chars, giving
*/
  /*                  giving each outline point's type.  If bit 0 is
*/
  /*                  unset, the point is 'off' the curve, i.e. a Bezier
*/
  /*                  control point, while it is `on' when set.
*/
  /*
*/
  /*                  Bit 1 is meaningful for `off' points only.  If set,
*/
  /*                  it indicates a third-order Bezier arc control point;
*/
  /*                  and a second-order control point if unset.
*/

So let's say we have a vector starting at (0,0) to (100,100), 2 control
points (15,30) and (50,60)
Should the tags be set as here below ?

Tag 0 First bit = 0
Tag 1 First Bit = 1
Tag 2 Second bit = 1
Tag 3 First bit = 0

Thanks for any confirmation, or maybe contradiction  :-)

Laurent