[Devel] Feature Request

From: Allen Barnett
Subject: [Devel] Feature Request
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 15:41:20 -0400

Hi (again),

I was wondering if FreeType knows about the nesting of outlines in vector
fonts? And, if so, if that information could be passed to the callbacks from
FT_Outline_Decompose?

(My idea was to use the GLE Extrusion and Tubing library to make solid
letters. It's easy enough to make straight sided extrusions, but in order to
introduce something like a bevel, you need to know whether an outline is
interior or exterior. I guess you could figure this out from the winding
rules, but if FreeType's already figured this out, it would be nice if it
could just pass the info along.)

Thanks (again),
Allen