[Devel] Re: Please resume the build for lilypond-1.4.2 for alpha

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: [Devel] Re: Please resume the build for lilypond-1.4.2 for alpha
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 02:32:56 -0600

Hello Chris!  Greetings from Hong Kong!  :-)

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Anthony Fok wrote:
>
> > Speaking of Alpha, how is FreeType 2.0.3 doing these days?  Does it
support
> > 64-bit architectures properly now?  :-)
>
> I ran gdb on a stripped ttfbanner (which segfaults at some point
> sizes) just to see what it spat out.  Seems to be dying somewhere in
> TT_LookUp_Table().  I'll probably investigate this more after I get done
> with some kernel patches that I've been working on, but I figured I'd let
> you know.

You might want to report your findings directly to address@hidden
as I am quite ignorant of the inner workings of FreeType.  :-)

On the other hand, I think "ttfbanner" is in FreeType 1.3.1, not in FreeType
2.0.x,
and IIRC, FreeType 1.3.1 functions have the "TT_" prefix, whereas 2.x uses
the
"FT_" prefix.  So, for better or for worse, the bug is in FreeType 1.3.1
and not in FreeType 2.x.  I don't know if anyone is still maintaining the
FreeType 1.4 branch, but I suppose it is good to know.  :-)

> IIRC, you're away from the computer, though, so I don't know how useful
> this info is ATM :-P  Let me know if you get this...I'll try to
> reprioritise and check it out sooner if we can still get the results
> upstream soon...

Hehe, yes, I have been rather computerless last week, but I got more chance
to be on-line these few days with this Toshiba laptop running Windows 98.
However, I don't have Debian set up yet.  Maybe I'll give it a try.  I just
discovered
that the CD-ROM can read the Debian sid CDs that I burnt before leaving
Canada.  :-)

Cheers,

Anthony