[Devel] Compiling Freetype in VC6

From: Darren . Bridle
Subject: [Devel] Compiling Freetype in VC6
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:26:42 -0500

Hi there,

I just joined a development team working on an RPG.  They have decided to
use Freetype and I have been assigned the task of getting everything to run
on win32 platform.

So I'm compiling the DLL's and Lib's needed for the RPG, and I get some
Freetype symbol errors.  I investigate into Freetype and realize it needs
to be compiled.  I check out the builds and a handy DSW file is available
to build direct from MSVC++.  So I try to build the lib file, and I get a
bunch of compiler errors, that look like they are just compiler setup
issues.

My question, do you have any build for MSVC++ version 6.0?  I think my
problem is the build is for vc5.  Also, have you had any support issues
with the header files in /src/base compiling with error C2006 on the
#include NAME lines.  These are not for including header files but I think
const pointing to header files ( I could be wrong ).  Anyhow, vc6 hates em
<grin>.

Any help/advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Darren Bridle (CodeB)