Re: [Devel] Problems with bbox code and cubic bezier curves

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Problems with bbox code and cubic bezier curves
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 16:52:09 -0400 (EDT)

OK, but what are the parametric equations in t for the x and y coordinates?
One has to find the roots and guarantee that they are in the interval (0,1).
There are either 0, 1, or 2 roots, and there are degenerate cases to take
care of. Moreover, one has to then find the corresponding point(s) on the
graph of parametric equations and determine if they are extrema or not, and
so on.

Its not just a matter of finding the roots.  As you can see, it gets
complicated rather quickly...

Tom