[Devel] Re: URGENT! ftp.freetype.org doesn't work.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Devel] Re: URGENT! ftp.freetype.org doesn't work.
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 12:17:41 +0200 (CEST)

Dear friends,

I'm forwarding some notes from David, sent to me privately.

  Sorry for this silence (again :::-(((( !!)

  I'm currently in holidays, which is why I didn't write
  to the lists recently ...

  I happen to have very few time to code, and even less to
  read my e-mail. I just wanted to let you know that:

    - I should be back on Wednesday 18th April. And
      I'm not looking for another contract for at
      least two months (which should free a _lot_ of
      time for FreeType, which needs it !!)

    [...]

    - regarding the auto-hinter bug (with "SS"), I'm aware of it
      as well as numerous other ones since I started re-writing it.

      The rewrite is definitely not ready for prime-time. However,
      I think that I could make a few fixes to the current
      auto-hinter that rather significantly optimise things in
      it..

    [...]