Re: [Devel] Patch for FreeType2 #include problems on Unix(2001-03-17)

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] Patch for FreeType2 #include problems on Unix(2001-03-17)
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 17:20:32 +0100

Hi Werner,

Werner LEMBERG a écrit :

> >     So, why don't we use "sed" in builds/unix/install.mk to replace
> >     all instances of <freetype/{,config/,internal/}*.h> with
> >     FT2_{PUBLIC,CONFIG,INTERNAL}_FILE(*.h), which would expands to
> >     <freetype2/freetype/{,config/,internal/}*.h> in
> >     freetype/config/ftheader.h and freetype/internal/internal.h for
> >     Unix?
>
> Yes, using sed is a good idea, but your solution won't work with all
> Unix compilers.

I think we're heading towards a much simpler solution, where macros
like FT2_PUBLIC_FILE, etc.., aren't used anymore. Simply process the
"include/freetype/config/ftheader.h" file before installing it in
order to match the real Unix installation path, as well as the
"ft2build.h". This should be simpler and more maintanable..

> >     Afterall, cpp on Unix is not broken.  ;-)
>
> I know at least two Unix compilers (Unixware and a recent version of
> Solaris C++ compiler) which have a broken cpp.

And the Intel C/C++ compiler seems to come with a broken CPP too
on Windows platform..

> > But of course, if you come up with a better solution, that would be
> > even better!  :-)
>
> A possible solution is to have
>
>   #include FT_*_H
>
> and a central configuration file:
>
>   #define FT_BAR_H <foo/bar.h>
>
> This config file can then be modified with sed to fix the include
> paths.
>
> Everything else is not portable across Unix.

That's it :-)

- David