[Devel] Re: Freetype2: Who test compiles on Win32?

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] Re: Freetype2: Who test compiles on Win32?
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 23:44:07 +0100

Hello Bill,

Bill Radcliffe a écrit :

> Who in the group is suppose to test compile FreeType2 on Win32?  A change
> made for 2.02 makes it impossible for me to compile under VisualC 6. Someone
> changed all the #includes from real paths to defines like:
>
> #include <ft2build.h>
> #include FT_FREETYPE_H

I am responsible for Win32 compilations, and I don't have a problem with
Visual C 6 here. I'm also the one who changed all the #includes ;-)

> This just spews an error on VisualC 6 that it is expecting a path - not a
> token. It clearly does not like this and it also seems like a pretty
> non-portable way of doing things.

In case you didn't know that, the "#include FILE_H" thing is ANSI-compliant,
so it probably qualifies as portable.

Did you try the "/Za" flag with Visual 6. It "disables language extensions"..

> It is hard to believe that nobody has compiled under VisualC in 4 months. Am
> I missing something obvious here?

Hopefully, you're just missing a compiler flag :-)

Regards,

- David