[Devel] Re: Anti-Alias fonts

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] Re: Anti-Alias fonts
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:28:39 +0100

Hello Damian,

Damian Kowalewski a écrit :

> As I gather from the documentation both versions 1.3 and 2.0
> of freetype have a limited support for anti-alias fonts. I
> have wondered if someone is currently working on a better
> support. I need a high quality anti-alias fonts at small
> sizes and if none is available at the moment I'm considering
> of writing a rasterizer support for such fonts. It would be
> however quite useless to duplicate work done or in progress.

What do you mean by "limitted support for anti-alias fonts" ?

- FreeType 1.x uses up to 5 levels of gray (like Windows)
  onfor TrueType fonts

- FreeType 2.x uses up to 256 levels of gray, and is about twice
  faster at that, because it uses a radically different
  algorithm.. works for all kinds of scalable formats..

Do you mean anti-aliased bitmapped fonts ??

Regards,

- David