Re: [Devel] Re-encoding interface requested?

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re-encoding interface requested?
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 07:41:55 -0500 (EST)

See the TODO list in a CVS snapshot.  I plan on working on a cmap synthesizer.
I also want to add a a unction like below (though I didn't add it to the list).
What you propose sounds reasonable.  The hooks are there.  YYou pass the glyph
name, find its SID (string ID) and use the SID to find the GID (glyph index)
from the charset table.  The most difficult part of this is the glyph name to
SID mapping, just becuase of how CFF fonts are set up.  In particular, you might
have to iterate over the entire string table in the CFF font to find the SID for
a particular string.  Or you might have to consult the standard strings table

Regards,

Tom