Re: [Devel] DNS problems and web changes

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] DNS problems and web changes
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:13:00 +0100

Hi Peter,

  What IP is returned by ping ?

  Here's something strange that happened at my place
  a few days ago. Under Windows or Unix:

      ping www.freetype.org   -> returned  195.154.213.72  (the old
address)

      ping www.freetype.org   -> returned  the same

      ping ftp.freetype.org   -> returned  193.251.34.63   (the new
address)

      ping www.freetype.org   -> returned  193.251.34.63 !!!

  after that, I could launch a new web browser instance, and access
  www.freetype.org normally.

  I never understood really why ??

  Do you "enjoy" the same behaviour ??

Regards,