[Devel] Re: converter

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: [Devel] Re: converter
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 02:23:57 -0500 (EST)

1. Make a PDF file (without font subsetting) of a PS file that contains
the Type 1 font you wish to convert.

2. Sign up for the freely available (but licensed) Adobe OpenType FDK.
The tools in this FDK will make an OpenType font from an existing Type 1
font, and then you can extract the `CFF ' table from the OT font.

3. Wait foe FontLab 4.0 to come out.  FL 4.0 (according to what I have
heard) will be able to export OpenType/CFF fonts.

That is all I am aware of at this moment...

Tom