Re: [Devel] address@hidden: freetype.h]

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] address@hidden: freetype.h]
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 09:38:15 +0100 (CET)

> Should instances of
>
>       #include "ft?????.h"
>
> be changed to
>
>       #include "freetype/ft?????.h"
>
> Or should we just add "-I/usr/include/freetype" to CFLAGS?
> Which is the preferred practice?  Thanks.  :-)

This is a good question.

I think that, similar to the kpathsea library, FT 1.x applications
should use

  #include "freetype/..."

Unfortunately, this isn't documented -- instructions how to install
and use the freetype headers are completely missing (only a small
entry in the changes.txt file gives a hint).  Sigh.

FreeType 2 comes with a `freetype-config' script for UNIX platforms
(undocumented, of course) which implies -I and -L flags.