[Devel] A Debian (non-)bug report about FreeType 2? Please comment.

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: [Devel] A Debian (non-)bug report about FreeType 2? Please comment.
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 00:44:49 -0700

Hello,

A while ago, I have received from Gordon Sadler a patch to FreeType 2
(i.e. libfreetype6 and libfreetype6-dev) packages on Debian.
Initially, I brushed it off as a non-bug, and reasoned that:

  * It is the way it is upstream.
  * The include mechanism would be further improved in 2.0.2.
  * Other packages such as Debian's XFree86 4.0.2 and Nautilus packages
    are already successfully built with libfreetype6, so I don't see
    a problem.

and I soon I closed the bug report.

However, after reading Gordon's reply, I am not so sure any more.  I
guess I don't really know the actual workings of FreeType 2.  (Hey, I'm
just a deb packager, and not much of a programmer!)  ;-)

Please read the bug report archived at:

        http://bugs.debian.org/79951

And hopefully, you can give me a definitive answer to clear my doubts.
:-)

It is FreeType 2.0.1  (a.k.a. libfreetype6{,-dev}_2.0.1-1).  The
include file is placed at /usr/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h
etc.

Thanks,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
address@hidden, address@hidden    University of Alberta, Canada