RE: [Devel] NT crash in psaux

From: Blinn, Eric W
Subject: RE: [Devel] NT crash in psaux
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:32:21 -0600

Werner Lemberg wrote:
> > I've replaced the REALLOC() calls with ALLOC() + MEM_Copy().
> > Theoretically, the bug should be fixed now.
>
> Small correction: I'm not sure whether *your* bug has been fixed by
> this :-)

I took a look at the fix today and I think it does fix *my* bug, but
it may create a new one in *your* library!   ;-)

Here's my concern.  Doesn't replacing the REALLOC() with ALLOC() +
MEM_Copy() leave us with a potential memory leak?  Who frees up the
memory that table->block was pointing to before calling
reallocate_t1_table()?

Also, there is separate bug in reallocate_t1_table() that I addressed
in the patch I submitted with the initial e-mail message in this
thread.  If the REALLOC() from before, or the ALLOC() that has now
replaced it, fails then we detect the failure but return the
uninitialized variable error.  The return value of REALLOC() or ALLOC()
should be getting assigned into error, but isn't.