[Devel] PCF driver

From: Francesco Zappa Nardelli
Subject: [Devel] PCF driver
Date: 11 Dec 2000 10:50:05 +0100

Hello,

last weekend I wrote a FT2 driver for PCF font format.  Since X code
is at the same time the specification and the sample implementation of
the font format, my driver currently works much in the same way the
XFree86 one does.

Although there are some minor details to be filled up before I can
give it away, I'm looking for a definitive inclusion scheme and a
stable version of FT2 on which I could build the patch.  Is FreeType
2.0.2 coming soon?

About the BDF driver: does somebody know where I can download some BDF
fonts defining vertical metrics?

---Mark--- you were talking about adding incremental glyph loading to
your library.  Are you referring to loading one glyph at a time, only
on request, possibly saving it into a list for future references, or
to some more complex loading schemes?  I looked into your parser, and
I'll be proud to add it once we have defined a common api.

Regards,
-francesco