RE: [Devel] CFF Cleanup (was bug in BBox_Conic_Check?)

From: Blinn, Eric W
Subject: RE: [Devel] CFF Cleanup (was bug in BBox_Conic_Check?)
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 13:42:23 -0600

David Turner wrote:

> > > ... I don't think the CFF Unicode charmap or Adobe
> > specific FT_CharMaps will be of use to me in the
> > immediate future, but I suspect it could become useful
> > further down the road.
> >
> Good, I won't investigate further this field for now :-)

Boy did I handle that wrong! When I said that it wouldn't be
of use "in the immediate future", what I should have said
was it won't be of use "tomorrow". And when I said it could
become useful "further down the road", what I should have
said was it will become useful "the day _after_ tomorrow".  ;-)

Seriously though, I did think a little more on this and on
further thought the Unicode and Adobe-specific charmaps would
be useful after all (you'll have to bear with me as I'm still
relatively new to this digital typography stuff, so the gears
turn a little more slowly).

Anyway, I looked at our application and how we are using your
type1 implementation versus how we are using your cff
implementation. With type1 we are making use of your Unicode
and/or Adobe-specific charmaps and it would be helpful to be
able to work with cff in the same fashion.

Thanks,
Eric