Re: [Devel] Re: Bitmap font file reading progress

From: Mark Leisher
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: Bitmap font file reading progress
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:46:55 -0700 (MST)

    >> I started working yesterday on PCF support in FreeType: I am adapting
    >> the original X code to the FreeType framework.  Besides, the data
    >> structures I am writing down will assure better support in the case of
    >> sparse encodings.
    >>
    >> As to BDF support, I am really impressed by your work.  I am planning
    >> to reuse your parser: before asking you to work on it I will look
    >> deeper into your code, to find out whether it could be used to read
    >> other formats.  FON/FNT support, for example, is already in FreeType.

    Werner> Francesco, Mark, is it OK for you to put the contributed code
    Werner> under the GPL and the FreeType license?

Anything that Francesco decides to use from xmbdfed is OK to move to whatever
license seems appropriate.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Cinema, radio, television, magazines are a
New Mexico State University       school of inattention: people look without
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL             seeing, listen without hearing.
Las Cruces, NM  88003                            -- Robert Bresson