fonts and ImageMagick on AIX

From: eanweb
Subject: fonts and ImageMagick on AIX
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:09:21 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All

Here is my task: i need to be able to annotate
Helvetica text over an image created by
ImageMagickunder UNIX using PerlMagick.

The only examples of doing that that i found in
PerlMagick tutorial use TrueType fonts .ttf
So i installed FreeType. I am not quite sure what it
did 'cause none of the .ttf appeared on my system.

Now, i am finding on the net that i might need to
install the truetype font server xfstt to acquire and
use true type fonts on my UNIX (AIX) machine.

I also hear that i could simply copy some fonts
(.ttf)from my Windows machine.

But again all i really need is to use that one font
-Helvetica.

Can someone give me any suggestions as to how to
proceed or show me an example of using non-true
typefont with PerlMagick

I appreciate it big time
James