endianess problem with X

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: endianess problem with X
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 15:20:43 +0200 (CEST)

I wrote:

> I've just built ft2 and ft2demos sucessfully on Solaris using gcc.
> Then I've set my DISPLAY variable to my local machine for testing
> it.  But something with the anti-aliasing code is wrong -- there
> seems to be a platform dependency in the small graphics library of
> ft2demos, causing to select the wrong colours (see attached image).
> Can someone fix this?

Running ftview on Sun and displaying on my Linux laptop gives me wrong
AA colors:

  available pixmap formats
  depth  pixbits  scanpad
     1       1       32
    16      16       32
  >   RGB f800:07e0:001f, colors  64, bits  6  TrueColor

Running ftview on my Linux laptop and displaying on Solaris gives me a
yellow(!) background, but apparently correct AA:

  available pixmap formats
  depth  pixbits  scanpad
     1       1       32
     8       8       32
    16      16       32
    24      32       32
  >   RGB ff0000:ff00:00ff, colors 256, bits  8  TrueColor
    32      32       32

Is it probably an endianess problem?  I compiled on Sun, then
displayed on Sun, and it is OK.

Anyone with some X programming knowledge to fix that?