autohinter screws up rotated text

From: Graham Asher
Subject: autohinter screws up rotated text
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 10:36:26 +0100

I have just used FreeType2 beta 8 with the autohinter and it screws up
rotated text. What happens is that the characters are drawn in the right
positions, on a rotated baseline, but they themselves are rotated by twice
as much. The glyph is loaded by a special function that does the
auto-hinting and makes a recursive call to the main glyph loader, which
applies the current transformation. When the recursion unwinds there is no
flag to tell the glyph loader that the transformation has been done, so it
blithely does it again.

I don't think this has been fixed in the latest snapshot, so I'll try to
find a fix, which shouldn't be too hard.

Graham Asher