Re: setting reply-to in freetype lists...

From: Just van Rossum
Subject: Re: setting reply-to in freetype lists...
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 08:02:56 +0100

At 9:31 PM -0400 31-07-2000, Tom Kacvinsky wrote:
>Has this can of worms been opened before?

As far as I know, not on this list...

>I usually catch sending replies to the original author *and* the list,
>but sometimes I miss it.  So some people get duplicate messages from
>me (and we all know that Just doesn't like that ;)

[ Just to get this straight, I don't mind getting duplicates _at_ _all_ if
it's a reply to a post of mine... ]

>Kidding aside, would it be possible to get the freetype list messages
>to come out of the list manager with the reply-to header set to the
>appropriate list?

Uhm, please no. This makes it harder to reply *off* list. There's a whole
web page somewhere that lists all the reasons why mucking with the reply-to
header is evil... (Not that I care much about evil-ness, it's just that the
current setup is most flexible -- at least for me.)

Just