Re: A couple of issues with unix builds of freetype2 and ft2demos

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: A couple of issues with unix builds of freetype2 and ft2demos
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:49:25 -0400 (EDT)

Another issue:

DEC's C compiler does not like it when optimization and debugging are
specfied with the -O and -g flags.  If one wants both optimization and
debugging symbols, use -g3.  I have to manually remove the -O2 and -g
from the CFLAGS line in the generated config.mk.

The answer to the BSD compatible install is to use

    INSTALL="/usr/bin/installbsd"

as an argument to GNU make.

Tom