Re: Anonymous CVS access

From: Anthony Fok
Subject: Re: Anonymous CVS access
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 23:38:33 -0600

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 01:17:25PM -0700, Allen Lin wrote:
> Anonymous CVS access doesn't seem to be working.  (Granted I've only used
> CVS once in my life.)  I entered
>  :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot
> as my CVSROOT, and used the password "anonymous", but authorization failed.
> Am I missing something?

Or, is the password supposed to be empty?  (i.e. Username: anonymous, as
specified on the command-line; password: none, empty, nada, i.e. one just
press [Enter] at the password prompt.)

Just a guess.  :-)

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
address@hidden, address@hidden    University of Alberta, Canada