internal header files

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: internal header files
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:24:32 +0200 (CEST)

Using FT_Get_Module_Interface(), I can give the client application
access to virtually all data in a font.  For example, I could access
any TT table using the TT_Load_Any_Func function in SFNT_Interface.
Currently, the necessary header files are split between `freetype' and
`freetype/internal', which is not optimal IMHO.

Wouldn't it be better to

  a) make FT_Get_Module_Interface() local again (i.e. using BASE_DEF
     instead of FT_EXPORT_DEF).

or

  b) make all headers which describe font tables (e.g. sfnt.h)
     `public' (i.e, moving it from `freetype/internal' to `freetype')?

Doing a) would mean that an add-on module must be written first to
properly access the data.  I think a) is better than b).

Comments?