Changes in the Type 2/CFF specs

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Changes in the Type 2/CFF specs
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 20:34:19 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I was reading over the latest Type 2/CFF specifications (dated 2000/03/16),
and noticed that there is a blurb about a variation of endchar, used in
CFF fonts generated by Distiller.  It has been deprecated, but it ought
to be supported for the raw CFF driver, when that driver comes into
existence.  I had known about this, but failed to mention it.  When I
saw the changes in the specs, I thought I had better drop a note about
ti.

Also, there was a blurb that top level private dictionares are required,
but if there really isn't one, the length should be 0.  Nothing was said
about the offset.

And there were also myriad changes because MM suppport has been removed
from the OpenType/CFF spec.

Tom