Re: severe problems with bchr8a.pfb

From: Tom Kacvinsky
Subject: Re: severe problems with bchr8a.pfb
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 17:03:22 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Werner,

Do you think it is a problem with the hint interpreter of Freetype, or
a problem with the fonts?  If it is something with the fonts, I'll
look into Computer Modern fonts.  Those are now the AMS's
responsibility (even though the vendor name is still listed as
bluesky, and even though Y&Y did most of the hinting.  But I digress;
I'll ask Thomas Esser to change the vendor name for teTeX).

As for for type1z activation -- I tried ftview with the Adobe MM fonts
that come with Acrobat, and it read them just fine; I suppose this
means type1z got activated by default.

Tom