FreeType 1.4 release?

From: Kendall Bennett
Subject: FreeType 1.4 release?
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 16:29:04 -0800

Hi Guys,

I am in the process of updating the FT 1.2 sources in our MGL
graphics library with the latest FT 1.3.1 stuff. However someone
mentioned to me that FT 1.4 is right around the corner. Can someone
give me details on when this will be ready?

Also on a related note, I am wondering whether FT 2 beta 6 is stable
enough to start developing with for our MGL library. It would be
interesting if I could build both FT 1.4 and FT 2 beta support into
our library (the FreeType stuff ends up in binary portable DLL's, so
this should be doable). However since this will end up being used for
production products in the short term, I am wary of spending time
with FT2 if it is not really stable yet. Comments?

|   SciTech Software - Building Truly Plug'n'Play Software!     |
| Kendall Bennett          | Email: address@hidden    |
| Director of Engineering  | Phone: (530) 894 8400              |
| SciTech Software, Inc.   | Fax  : (530) 894 9069              |
| 505 Wall Street          | ftp  : ftp.scitechsoft.com         |
| Chico, CA 95928, USA     | www  : http://www.scitechsoft.com  |