Re: Problem with type1 face bbox. (resend)

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: Problem with type1 face bbox. (resend)
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 00:35:12 +0200

Hi Andy,

  sorry for taking so long to answer.. Being hacking all the
  time.. too much FreeType e-mail to answer them quickly..

> Hi,
>
> I am involved in the gimp-freetype project that is using the freetype
> engine to create a "text renderer" plugin.
>
> I have been trying to write a "fonttable" that displays all the fonts in
> a simple window and have come across a couple of problems.
>
> 1) If in a t1 font you ask for a bitmap of a glyph >
> (FT_Face)face->num_glyphs the engine crashes.

Thanks, I just fixed that (some trivial code missing in the FT_Load_Glyph :-()

> 2) I seem to be getting funny bbox values in the FT_Face object for a t1
> font.
>
> For a simple Utopia font I get
>
> bbox.yMax 8977 bbox.yMin -250
>
> from the BBox contained within the face which seems to be a little
> large.

I've just checked the code, and this is a bug a "src/type1/t1parse.c"
I've just fixed and tested it, then commited it to the CVS repository..
please update your version to test it.. and thanks a lot for spotting
these bugs..

> I appologise if this is not the correct list to raise these problems, if
> so please direct me to the correct address.

It's allright, no problem, I'm sorry if I did'nt answer earlier..

Cheers,

- David