Re: API additions

From: Stefan Seefeld
Subject: Re: API additions
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 11:27:34 -0500

David Turner wrote:

> The X11 driver is compiled when one of the following patterns
> is found in the current path:
>
>   X11/bin
>   X11R5/bin
>   X11R6/bin

there we go...on my system there is a directory "/usr/bin/X11" which
is a link to "/usr/X11R6/bin". My PATH only contains the former.

In general, I don't find this "detection" very useful (the above
is one reason against it). Why don't you use autoconf's ability to
detect environmental parameters such as the existance of X11 components ?
You would get the necessary -I and -L parameters for free !

Well, I'll just add one new path to my PATH variable to make it work
but I don't consider this a solution.

Best regards,   Stefan

Stefan Seefeld
Departement de Physique